Whether you are looking to take on an a new apprentice, or wish to train an existing staff member, Macclesfield College’s Apprenticeship programmes can make your business more competitive, productive and effective by addressing skills gaps, and helping your employees reach a higher level of competency and performance.
Apprentices learn through a combination of on and off the job training. On the job they work alongside your staff, becoming a valued member of the team. Off the job they work towards nationally recognised qualifications. Lessons are conducted at the workplace or at Macclesfield College of Further and Higher Education, depending on requirements.
As an employer you are expected to employ the apprentice for 30 or more hours per week and pay the minimum apprenticeship wage set by the government, currently £3.50 per hour. At Macclesfield College we can help you to recruit your new apprentice through our Apprentice Vacancies page.
Employer views of Apprenticeships
- 81% of businesses said apprentices helped to generate higher overall productivity
- 75% of employers say that Apprenticeships attract a better calibre of job applicant
Figures from National Apprenticeship Service
Want to know more?
- Please contact us on 01625 410022
- Email us on firstname.lastname@example.org
- Or fill out the form below and we’ll get back to you