The Accounts Assistant Apprentice is required to support all aspects of the Finance function under the direction of the Finance Manager.
The Apprentice role will support the maintenance of the nominal ledger, sales ledger and purchase ledger and all associated tasks.
The requirements of the role will naturally complement the Level 3 Assistant Accountant (Standard) Apprenticeship qualification, which will be provided and supported on a day-release basis.
Candidates should possess a high standard of communication and organisational skills and be proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel and the Office suite.
- Support the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant with the maintenance of the Nominal Ledger, and to prepare and process online journals with appropriate direction and supervision
- Support the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant with the day-to-day maintenance of the Fixed Asset Register and Capital Programme files as part of the monthly management accounts
- Assist the Accounts Assistant (Payables) and Assistant Accountant with the daily bank reconciliation, including income receipting and cash allocation
- Provide support to the Accounts Assistant (Payables) with cash and bank processing, including College floats, petty cash claims and purchasing cards
- To assist the Finance Manager and Assistant Accountant with the preparation and processing of monthly budget virements to the Nominal Ledger and to record and reconcile amendments against the budget controls
- To assist the Accounts Assistants and Assistant Accountant with processing of internal recharges in support of the monthly management accounts
- Support the Assistant Accountant with the maintenance of the quotation register in line with College procurement requirements and Financial Regulations
- Support the Accounts Assistant with all aspects of Accounts Receivables and the Sales Ledger, including support to College credit control procedures, monitoring aged debts and organisation of the shared mailbox
- Support the Accounts Assistant with all aspects of Accounts Payables and the Purchase Ledger, including assistance with the payment run preparation, and organisation of the shared mailbox. Assist the Accounts Assistant (Receivables) and Assistant Accountant with student fee-related queries and to provide support in identifying solutions through contact with MIS Team
- Support filing and archiving of all financial information as necessary within the team
- Respond to customer e-mails and telephone enquiries promptly and professionally
- Provide financial and administrative support during College enrolment periods and Open Days as required
- To carry out any other duties and responsibilities as reasonably directed by the Finance Manager
- Undertake staff development and training as required so that duties can be performed to a high standard
- To undertake all aspects of the post in accordance with the College’s Equality, Health and Safety and Safeguarding policies and schemes
- To comply with the College’s Data Protection policy in relation to the collection, use, storage and disposal of personal and/or sensitive information
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be expected, commensurate with grade, both within and, where required, external to the College
- Employer: Macclesfield College
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: Monday – Friday. Early finish on Fridays. Hours TBC.
- Salary: £12,500.00 annual wage
- Closing date: 02/11/2021