We currently have an opportunity for a Trainee Chef to join our team. This is a great opportunity for a committed individual with a love of food. We also offer unrivalled opportunities for career progression. The role will involve training across several sites, including our central production kitchen. At our central production kitchen we prepare all savoury and dessert items for the events, and also all desserts for our fire pit pub – The Waggon & Horses.
They will experience restaurant style service at The Waggon & Horses, and event service at our prestigious venues around Cheshire, Staffordshire, and Derbyshire. Transport will be provided to our event venues, and travel time paid from our Congleton sites.
We aim to train you in all areas of the kitchen. With a view to offering long term employment in a fast-paced, fresh food environment with a genuine work life balance, and opportunities to progress through the company.
- To maintain and manage the required high operational and personal standard of hygiene and presentation at all times in compliance with the Food Safety Act
- Compliance to the Health and Safety Act and COSHH regulations
- The preparation, cooking and service of food as directed by the chef in charge, whilst complying to the food safety act, portion control and presentation standards
- Ensure the correct disposal and storage of all food items as directed by the chef in charge
- Monitor and record temperatures of fridges and freezers, hot cabinets, serveries as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that assured safe catering principals are followed at all times encompassing legal requirements of the Food Safety Act
- To ensure that working areas are kept clean and tidy adopting a “clean as you go” policy
- To ensure that all foods served under your control are served and held at the required temperatures (probed and recorded)
- Ensure that decanting methods and fridge discipline are strictly adhered to
- Ensure accurate records are maintained as directed by the chef in charge
- Ensure that the handing over procedures and opening up /closing down procedures are complied with, with emphasis on safety and security
- Employer: Vanilla In All Seasons
- Location: Congleton
- Hours: Shifts vary, example 8am – 4pm 2pm – 10pm (rota prepared 3 weeks in advance). Shifts to be confirmed.
- Salary: £184.80 - £356.40 weekly wage
- Closing date: 18/01/2022