- To be an ambassador for the nursery, promoting the nursery and developing our reputation.
- To be reliable and flexible to suit the staffing requirements of the nursery.
- Covering sickness and holidays where necessary
- Support effective parent partnership, building positive working relationships and involving parents in their child’s early years learning.
- Attend staff/team meetings and actively participate in accordance to the agenda
- Peer to peer observations on staff/children
- To provide a nurturing and caring approach and to contribute to the nursery providing outstanding care.
- Communicate effectively with your team, building positive and effective working relationships.
- Encouraging training and development, cascading knowledge
- Follow action plans/routines within your area
- Uphold the reputation of Hilltop Tots, demonstrating professionalism and presentation and to be a role model for children, staff and parents.
- To participate as a responsible staff member promoting the sustainability of the nursery (e.g. switching lights off after leaving rooms, heating rooms appropriately – generally avoiding wastage)
- To support all areas, providing cover when needed
- To be familiar with the national standards, OFSTED guidelines, recommendations of good practice and to assist in their implementation.
- To manage and maintain own area of responsibility as a greed between staff and management.
- Record evidence, photos, testimonials to enhance the document
- Read and familiarise yourself with SEF
Children’s care and learning:
- To create a safe, welcoming and inclusive environment and to share responsibility for the welfare of all children.
- Support the team to promote high quality childcare and education in line with Hilltop Tots Policies and Procedures.
- To ensure high standards of children’s personal care are meet i.e. routines, mealtimes, sleep times etc.
- To plan and implement a range of activities, experiences and opportunities in line with the EYFS framework and to contribute new ideas that will encourage our children to play, have fun and learn.
- To ensure high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are always maintained
- To act as a key person to individual children, building positive and effective working relationships with children and their families.
- To provide an attractive, stimulating range of equipment activities and display indoors and out
- Parent app system – make effective and track children’s progress to include parents in their child learning and development
- To ensure the environment meets the needs of individual children, including cultures, beliefs and stages of development.
- To work in collaboration as part of a multi-professional workforce, maintaining appropriate confidentiality at all times
- To carry out child observations to support your supervisor with the implementation of EYFS
- Ensure children have access to the outdoors daily
- To effectively implement the EYFS Welfare Requirements and Practice Guidance.
Company Policies and Procedures:
- To comply with Hilltop Tots policies and procedures
- To undertake any other appropriate duties in the interests of the service as required
- To participate in any organisational changes as necessary
- Support the manager and team in nursery events such as -Play n stay session, Grandparents day, Open days, Father’s day, Mother’s Day, Graduation, Social responsibility/Fundraising etc.
- To identify, record and deal with any concerns (e.g. over children, parents or the safety of equipment), preserving confidentiality as required
- To understand your responsibilities with regards to safeguarding and child protection issues
- To keep confidential any information regarding children, their families or staff which is obtained as part of the job
- Support and assist the team in delivering effective practice.
- Support the settings improvement and training plans
- To attend in-house training courses and meetings as required
- To promote the learning and development of students/apprentices, by modelling good practice and working with their training provider
- To keep up to date training for specific areas i.e. First aid, Behaviour management, Safeguarding
- Employer: HILLTOP TOTS DAY NURSERY LTD
- Location: Stoke-On-Trent
- Hours: Mon-Fri (Shifts TBC)
- Salary: £124.50 weekly wage
- Closing date: 17/11/2020