Our scientific research and development is afforded the utmost respect, so we give our people the same. We do everything we can to make sure each AstraZeneca person has everything they need to stretch themselves and see what they can achieve.
Where you start your journey with us doesn’t determine the course of your career. So many of our people develop themselves beyond their wildest imaginations, both in terms of their roles and the countries they’ve worked in. We don’t limit their capabilities by what’s possible from them now but by what’s possible from them in the future.
AstraZeneca’s apprenticeship scheme offers you a unique opportunity to learn within a multi-national company gaining useable skills whilst working closely alongside industry experts and professionals. The workplace experience acquired during your apprenticeship will ensure you develop the skills to provide good prospects for full time positions within AstraZeneca and in other companies!
In addition to the valuable working experience and practical on the job training, you’ll have the opportunity to study towards professional qualifications, in this case, level 3 business and administration, whilst earning a competitive salary!
The apprenticeship programme commences annually in September at the Macclesfield site, and we are offering an apprenticeship in the Training team within UK Operations. The Training team are responsible for managing and maintaining the Learning Management System. The team support, a wide variety of large, complex and novel projects and programmes within UK Operations. The Business Administrator apprentice will provide administrative support to the Team Function/team members and across a variety of key supporting processes.
- Receive an Apprenticeship Training Plan that describes the training they need to meet the standard. It may include a mixture of external and internal training that will ensure you are fully proficient by the end of the programme. It will show when each area of the standard must be acquired and assessed, and which areas may require off the job study/activities
- Gain transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition, you’ll gain skills specific to the working practices of their place of employment. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression
- Provide efficient and effective professional administrative support to the UK Ops Training Function and key activities
- Ensure UK Operations Training Team documentation is maintained at an appropriate level with adherence to AstraZeneca best practices and compliance policies
- Organise and maintain supporting electronic management systems used by the Training Team
- Provide expertise in the use of Training administrative tools, standards and systems utilized by UK Operations.
- Compiles and analyses basic information to enable the Training Team to support UK Operations Training Compliance
- Employer: Astrazeneca
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: Monday to Friday 8am-4pm or 9am-5pm
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Closing date: 19/03/2020