De Jour are offering a fantastic opportunity for an aspiring Chef. The restaurant are expecting a busy 2019 following the launch and need to grow their catering team accordingly. You will be inducted into a close-knit team of professional Chefs who have all ‘earned their stripes’ on apprenticeships of their own.
The Head Chef is classically trained (cordon bleu diploma level 3), with 7 years’ experience working in the heart of London. He started out as an apprentice at D and D in London, so knows exactly what it is like for an apprentice in this environment. You will be able to benefit from his vast experience and guidance.
To be a success in this role you will need to be a team player, have good attention to detail and a passion for food. The restaurant maintain very high standards across the business but particularly in the kitchen, where they use locally sourced produce. Day to day duties will include cooking and serving menu items to a high standard, in line with company requirements, veg prep, stocks and soup making, cleaning work surfaces and equipment and other tasks as instructed by the Head Chef.
Further duties will include:
- Support the Head Chef writing menus and creating new dishes
- Daily preparation of meat, veg, soup, etc
- Assisting with cooking to order for lunch and evening menus
- Contribute towards the production of buffet’s and set menus for weddings, parties and events
- Stock check and ordering new stock
- Clear down and pot washing
- Assisting in other areas of the business when required
- Employer: DE JOUR LTD
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: Wednesday to Friday 3.00pm - 11.00pm, Saturday 10.00pm - 11.00pm, Sunday 10.00pm - 6.00pm.
- Salary: £196.25 per week
- Closing date: 26/02/2019