As you begin your role you will develop your skills by starting off to communicate at all business levels and answer the phone professionally to customers. You will demonstrate your organisational skills by being able to log, monitor, add to and progress a helpdesk ticketing system, full training will be given. You will have the ability to analyse a customer call, categorise and distribute calls to the correct departments and the ability to recognise easily and quickly differing technologies within customer requirements and support tickets.
Once you have developed your skills in the above areas you will be phased into making changes to customer user accounts; contact customers directly and proactively to chase calls and technical information and to take instruction on making changes and additions to customer sites.
You’ll also grasp a basic but fundamental understanding of enterprise server, storage and networking along with an understanding of how 3rd party products are used within an enterprise environment. This will give you the confidence to liaise with 3rd party vendors with a view to adding, chasing or closing tickets.
After you achieved the above we would then expect the right person to have a basic and good understanding of the following areas:
- Support all current windows desktop operating systems
- Experience in Windows Server 2008/2008R2 / 2012/2012R2/2016 Administration and Support
- Experience in Server and desktop hardware builds
- Server essentials: Active Directory, Group, Policy DNS, DHCP
- Folder Redirection and Mandatory Profiles
- Office 356 Administration
- Trouble-shooting TCP/IP Networking, both wired and wireless
- Hardware and software support for printers
- Microsoft SQL Server2008/2008R2/2012/2012R2
- Veeam Backup Solution
- Network Experience
- Employer: Novus Networks
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 4pm (Day release Thursday)
- Salary: £187.50
- Closing date: 22/01/2019