This post is a varied and practical role where the applicant will need to be well organised, flexible and have excellent communication skills.
You must be able to work well within a small team but also be able to work on your own initiative. The ability to produce work of a high standard whilst under pressure to meet deadlines is essential, as is an understanding of working with confidential information and safeguarding.
Good working knowledge of DIY and/or maintenance skills and the ability to liaise effectively with a variety of personnel across the school and contractors plus the physical ability to carry out manual handling tasks is required.
Previous experience of working in a school environment, or similar, would be good but not essential.
Site maintenance duties to include:
- Site security e.g. unlocking and morning setup routine & locking and close down routine including being a key holder and liaising with first response security staff
- Health and safety – ensuring regulations are met e.g. weekly/ monthly checks such as fire alarm, water temps (legionella), minibus checks and play area inspections
- Premises management – maintaining the school buildings and grounds to a high standard and working through the school defect reports (e.g. car park duties, unblocking toilets, clean up rare ‘accidents’, change light bulbs/tubes, filling/painting cracks/holes in internal walls/ceilings, emptying bins, clearing and gritting the site during snow)
- Contract liaison, monitoring & management e.g.-cleaners, utility/pest control/sanitary bin staff
- Porterage e.g. delivering orders to classrooms, photocopy paper, moving furniture
- Liaise with contractors for the completion of larger or more specialised works
- Employer: The Aspire Educational Trust
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: 1 hour unpaid lunch 1 shift at 7:30am – 2:45pm 1 shift at 10:45am - 6pm TBC by employer at interview.
- Salary: £16,394.00 - £16,755.00 annual wage
- Closing date: 26/02/2019