The apprenticeship programme will be manufacturing based learning with practical on the job training within the many manufacturing departments. You will rotate between plants and different products working alongside industry professionals to gain a broad experience of each department.
Carrying out duties such as:
- Delivering the required production demand for a number of Pharmaceutical products
- Operation of manufacturing equipment, including start up and shutdown procedures, in process checks
- Performing critical quality checks in line with current Good Manufacturing Procedures (cGMP)
- Use of Lean manufacturing tools
There are two key Manufacturing areas of Macclesfield Site, the Global Packaging centre of excellence and the Sterile Parenteral Manufacturing Area. You will be selected for one of these areas where you will complete your Apprenticeship, the focus will be on gaining an in depth knowledge of the area for which you will be working in and become a fully integrated part of the manufacturing team. Your will be trained to become a fully competent and validated team member who will work in a small team.
You’ll receive an Apprenticeship Training Plan that describes the training needed for the standard. It may include a mixture of external and internal training that will ensure that you are fully competent by the end of the programme. It will show when each area of the standard must be acquired and assessed, and which areas may require off the job study/activities.
Our Apprentices gain transferable core skills and knowledge. In addition, gaining skills specific to the working practices of their place of employment. The requirements of the Apprenticeship are designed to offer stretch and progression.
- Employer: Astrazeneca
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: You'll work either a Monday to Friday day pattern or a shift pattern as follows: 6.00am to 1.40pm Monday to Thursday and 6.00am to 12 noon on Friday. 1.30pm to 9.10pm Monday to Thursday and 12 noon to 6.00pm on Friday.
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Closing date: 19/03/2021