Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Observing, learning, and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as the training period progresses by working independently or with a team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increasing overall contribution to the department
- To undertake and successfully complete suitable college courses throughout the training period, achieving the academic grades and practical skills to entitle yearly progression leading to the award of a suitable level 3 qualification in mechanical engineering
- Learning and understanding the importance of Health and safety within the workspace
- To develop the skills to repair, construct or modify mechanical equipment, machinery and instruments from verbal & written instructions
- To learn how to maintain equipment and to maintain good, working condition.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship period, recording projects that have been undertaken and the skills learned
- To maintain and to ensure general good housekeeping of the Engineering areas
- To maintain a smart appearance and to act in a professional manner at all times
- To perform any other reasonable duties relating to your role in the Engineering department
Once trained and during your apprenticeship, you will be responsible for developing a preventative maintenance system and carrying out planned maintenance activities to ensure that our plant operates safely and reliably. You will also play a key ‘hands on’ role in the planning and implementation of plant improvements. You will learn the ability to quickly fault find and respond to any unplanned plant shutdowns.
The role will suit a logical thinker; someone who can receive information relating to breakdowns and can assess what problems may have caused the fault, before working through them to resolve the issue. Some of your work will involve the use of IT systems such as Microsoft Office and AutoCAD, and so a good knowledge of these systems will be beneficial although you will pick up throughout your apprenticeship.
You will interact with colleagues in the Engineering, Production, Quality, Admin and Health & Safety departments to understand issues and to provide advice, so your ability to communicate effectively is vital. This role will suit someone who is keen, proactive, highly self-motivated, and flexible.
Orbia places the highest importance on sustained standards of excellence in all aspects of Health, Safety and Environmental management and you will be expected to abide by and contribute to the company’s policies and guidelines.
- Employer: MEXICHEM SPECIALTY COMPOUNDS LIMITED
- Location: High Peak
- Hours: Monday - Friday 07:30 to 16:00 then moving to a split shifts - Week A) 05:45 – 14:15 Sunday to Friday and Week B) 13:45 – 22:15 Monday to Thursday.
- Salary: £15,506.00 annual wage
- Closing date: 15/09/2020