The Engineering Apprenticeship programme is designed to build the engineering technicians and engineers of the future! Engineering apprentices play a hugely important role at AstraZeneca, solving challenges that arise from some of the most advanced equipment in the industry. As an engineering apprentice, you’ll be required to maintain complex equipment and ensure that high standards are adhered to for safety, manufacturing quality and documentation.
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house specialists, rotating around departments on the Macclesfield site giving great exposure and diversification in learning. As well as being assigned a buddy and mentors who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
The apprenticeship will combine on-the-job training alongside an academic programme of learning towards nationally recognised qualifications.
Throughout the apprenticeship you will:
- Develop electrical, mechanical, instrumentation and process automation skills
- Learn the theory and practical applications of production equipment and building operation and maintenance
- Support engineering projects consisting of designing, installation and subsequent testing
- Perform unplanned equipment repairs through fault finding and diagnosis
In the first year, you’ll spend most of your time at college, studying theory elements of the apprenticeship and gaining some practical experience. In subsequent years, you’ll continue one day a week at college while learning new skills as part of an engineering team on site.
In addition to the valuable working experience you’ll study towards professional qualifications, including a BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering and then a HNC Level 4 in engineering.
- Employer: Astrazeneca
- Location: Macclesfield
- Hours: Shifts TBC upon interview
- Salary: Competitive salary
- Closing date: 19/03/2021