You’ll be based in our Northern office, 30 minutes from Manchester just off the M6, into which we’ve recently moved as part of our growth, investing heavily in workshop space and flat-bed and 6-axis CNC machines to further our in-house manufacturing. Our new office embodies everything we are about and our strong inclusive family culture.
Everyone here is valued! Our company values ensure we respect one another and empower us to reach our potential. We need you to join the team and help in our manufacturing push, as a Product Design Technician who will help with the transition from our existing processes to the new, improved way of making things, and beyond.
You’ll support the product design team, and in turn all other departments that rely upon product information, with the production and updating of technical drawings, bills of materials, and ongoing product database management. You will become an expert in the systems that manage our products, and in the manufacturing techniques that make them, and be responsible for the information that ensures their delivery.
As the custodian of Pentagon’s product database, you ensure all bills of materials, supplier pricing, product and material changes are kept up to date. You are responsible for updating existing technical drawings where changes and revisions occur. You will also support product designers in the production of new technical drawings and product information and be the go-to person for small bespoke products.
In doing so, you will ensure that products material costs and timings are accurate for quoting, scheduling for manufacture and install, and with accurate technical drawings that we can deliver at the stated cost.
This is what you’ll be trained on:
- 2D CAD and 3D Modelling – We use Vectorworks, but any similar software experience is transferable
- Making – A way of thinking, being able to visualise manufacturing and install methods
- Cost Control – Budgeting, planning, and estimating from the outset to achieve market price
- Industry Standards – Learning and applying industry safety standards
- Product Research – Self-directed to gain a greater understanding of the needs, goals, and problems
- Technical Drawing – Producing clear, easy to read information
- Prototyping – Able to quickly turn an idea into a physical concept to test the uncertainties
- User-centred Design – Ensuring designs are right spatially, ergonomically, scale and in details
- Product Database management – all our product information, which then feeds through to sales, manufacturing and install
- Product Ownership – Looking after the life cycle of a Pentagon product.
- Employer: Pentagon Play
- Location: Middlewich
- Hours: Monday - Friday, shifts to be confirmed
- Salary: £11,500.00 annual wage
- Closing date: 27/04/2021