This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving you access to Higher Education, Apprenticeships or to a wide variety of Business and Law or Human Resources careers. You will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in business and various legal aspects and issues, and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• 5 GCSE’s Grades 4-9, ideally to include English Language and Maths
• A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2) in a Business or Law related subject at Merit grade or above with Functional Skills English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study a total of thirteen units. Core units will provide a general foundation and six specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
• Exploring a Business
• Developing a Marketing Campaign
• Personal and Business Finance
• International Business
• Principles of Marketing
• Business Decision Making
Specialist units will include:
• The English Legal System
• Employment Law
• Aspects of Civil Liability Affecting Business
• Aspects of Criminal Law Impacting on Business and Individuals
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE
grade 4 or above
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business units are assessed through examinations and coursework. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and coursework.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: £3301.00
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to;
• Apply to study a Higher Education course such as an HNC/D or a Degree in Business, Law or Business and Law related subjects.
• Pursue career opportunities in Business and Law specialisms such as Human Resources and Finance
• Apply for a Higher-Level apprenticeship in a Business-related field.
Additional help and support is available to you should you require this and this can discussed further at your admissions interview.
You will have the opportunity to take part in educational and industrial visits during your course programme. Possible visits may include Co-operative Bank, Alton Towers and The Trafford Centre. The costs for these will need to be paid prior to each trip.
Next course available: September 4th, 2023
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35
If you haven’t found the right course for you, then tell us about the course that you are looking for.