The ABC Level 2 Award in Counselling Concepts aims to:
* Enhance and improve verbal communication skills, especially empathy, the ability to listen and respect silence
* Enhance and improve written communication skills
* Provide a basic understanding of what counselling is about and be able to compare and contrast counselling with other forms of helping activities
* Develop an understanding of what counselling training entails and assist learners to make a more informed choice as to whether or not s/he is suited to undertake vocational counselling training as opposed to other types of training
* Introduce learners to experiential learning processes that will include a high element of personal growth work, developing further self-confidence and self-esteem
Please note that this course does not qualify you to be a counsellor but it does give you effective counselling communication skills to use in your work life/home life etc.
In order to be able to apply for this course you must be aged 19 or over and have a good level of English skills to be able to contribute to and successfully complete all the requirements of a unit/s or the full qualification
No formal entry requirements but prospective learners should be aware, that the course involves experiential learning and self-awareness exercises, which will be demanding of the self in interaction with others. On receipt of your application to study this course you be invited to attend an admissions interview at the College with a member of the teaching team.
Completion of 3 mandatory units
*The professional context of counselling*
Basic introduction to counselling, some theoretical approaches, ethical framework and the counselling environment
*Communication skills in helping relationships*
Counselling skills practice and practice their usage in listening sessions with students
*An introduction to personal development*
Reflect on personal development
The three units are assessed through a variety of assessment methods which can include coursework and tutor classroom observation of skills practice.
Learners should have the ability to contribute to and successfully complete all the requirements of a unit/s of the full qualification.
All units will be internally assessed and externally moderated.
ABC Level 3 Certificate in Counselling Skills.
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 18/04/2023
End date: 27/06/2023
Time: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 10