This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable learners to prescribe, plan and deliver safe and effective exercise programmes and pursue a career in personal training.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following (subject to awarding body conditions):
Some experience of gym-based exercises, including free weights, is highly recommended. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential; therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and learners should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study ten mandatory units (52 credits) As well as classroom delivery, you will also undertake placement in a real work environment with a requirement of 50 hours.
Mandatory units include:
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise
• Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
• Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment
• Principles of exercise, fitness and health A
• Planning gym-based exercise
• Instructing gym-based exercise
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
• Applying the principles of nutrition and physical activity
• Programming personal training with clients
• Delivering personal training sessions
• Multiple Choice Examination.
• Portfolio of Evidence.
• Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: 1995.00
This qualification provides progression onto
• Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Advanced Personal Training.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Exercise Referral.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Supporting Pre and Postnatal Clients with Exercise and Nutrition.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Older Adults.
• Active IQ Level 3 Award in Designing Exercise Programmes for Disabled Clients.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Instructing Pilates Mat work.
• Active IQ Level 3 Diploma in Teaching Yoga.
• Active IQ Level 4 Certificate in Strength and Conditioning.
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 07/09/2020
End date: 24/06/2021
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34
Weekly hours: 6.00