An exciting introduction to screen printing’s wonderful artistic possibilities.
Individuals are encouraged to explore their own ideas. By making use of various approaches from simple paper stencils, to computer based photo stencils. It is possible to work with photographic imagery, hard edged graphic designs, painted marks, drawn marks, scanned drawings, and more. Although the course is primarily aimed at printing on paper, some participants may choose to work on fabric items such as T towels, totebags and T shirts.
Students are clearly guided step-by-step in how to use the facilities in the workshop. The majority of studio time is spent preparing stencils and working hands-on, creating prints with specialist equipment. It will be possible to create a number of different printed images of your own choosing.
Participants can expect to:
• Learn how to produce colourful interesting images from their own designs
• Experience many different, exciting stencil making techniques such as paper stencil, photographic stencils and hand painted stencils.
• Understanding which stencil making techniques are suitable for different effects/textures/images
• Gain confidence in setting up the screen, using the squeegee and hands-on experience of the studio’s screen printing equipment.
• Learn about the possibilities available through colour mixing, use of transparency and the overlaying of transparent or opaque layers.
• Learn how to register multiple colour layers to create your design.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 25/02/2020
End date: 17/03/2020
Time: 6:30pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: Tu
Number of Weeks: 4
Weekly hours: 2.50