This is a practical work-related course where you will learn by completing projects, exams and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations, activities and demands. This course will introduce you to your chosen career and provide a good basis to progress onto a more advanced qualification.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• 4 GCSEs Grade 3 or above ideally to include English Language and maths
• A Level 1 qualification with Functional Skills English and maths at Level 1 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study eight units in total. Three mandatory units will provide a general foundation and five specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
• Principles of marketing
• Enterprise in the business world
• Finance for business
Specialist Units to include:
• Promoting a brand
• Principles of customer service
• Sales and personal selling
• Introducing retail business
• Recruitment, selection and employment
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above.
Two units on the Level 2 Certificate in Business are assessed through external examination. The other six units are assessed through assignment work. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and coursework.
On successful completion of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business if you have achieved a Merit or above
• Enter a business related career such as administration, finance, customer services, sales, ICT, accounting or personnel.
• Secure an apprenticeship in a Business related field
Additional help and support is available for you should you require it and this can be discussed at your admissions interview.
You will have the opportunity to take part in educational and industrial visits during your course programme. Possible visits may include Co-operative Bank, Petty Pool, Alton Towers and The Trafford Centre. The costs for these will need to be paid prior to each trip.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/09/2021
End date: 24/06/2022
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 36