This course provides an excellent and varied programme giving you access to Higher Education, Apprenticeships or to a wide variety of Business careers. You will develop skills, knowledge and understanding in business and apply your learning in a practical and realistic way.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• 5 GCSE’s Grades 4-9, ideally to include English Language and Maths
• A Level 2 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 2) in a Business-related subject at Merit grade or above with Functional Skills English and Mathematics at Level 2 or above
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study a total of thirteen units. Seven core units will provide a general foundation and six specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
• Exploring a Business
• Developing a Marketing Campaign
• Personal and Business Finance
• Managing an Event
• International Business
• Principles of Marketing
• Business Decision Making
Specialist units will include:
• Recruitment and Selection Process
• Team Building in a Business
• Digital Marketing
• Pitching for a New Business
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above.
The BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma in Business units are assessed through examinations and coursework. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and coursework.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to;
• Apply to study a Higher Education course such as an HNC/D or a Degree in Business or a Business-related subject
• Pursue career opportunities in Business specialisms such as Management, Marketing, Human Resources and Finance
• Apply for a Higher-Level apprenticeship in a Business-related field.
Additional help and support is available to you should you require this and this can discussed further at your admissions interview.
You will have the opportunity to take part in educational and industrial visits during your course programme. Possible visits may include Co-operative Bank, Petty Pool, Alton Towers and The Trafford Centre. The costs for these will need to be paid prior to each trip.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 04/09/2023
End date: 28/06/2024
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35