This qualification is designed to provide learners with sector awareness. It will do this by increasing the knowledge and understanding of roles and issues relating to cybersecurity. It will also act as a stepping stone for learners who wish to study cyber security at a higher level.
No previous experience required.
This qualification aims to:
• focus on the study of the principles of cyber security
• offer breadth and depth of study, incorporating a key core of knowledge of cyber security.
The objective of this qualification is to:
• provide learners with knowledge and understanding of the principles of cyber security.
It is made up of six mandatory units as follows:
• Introduction to cyber security
• Understand terminology used in cyber security
• Understand legal and ethical aspects of cyber security
• Understand common threats to cyber security
• Understand methods of maintaining cyber security
• Working with others in cyber security
Students will be expected to complete assignment assessments throughout the programme
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
Progression to additional further and higher education* programmes in Computing.
*subject to meeting entry criteria
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 27/09/2022
End date: 05/06/2023
Time: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: Tu
Number of Weeks: 30
Weekly hours: 3.50