This qualification is primarily aimed at practising electricians with relevant experience and other allied professionals e.g. surveyors, consultants and other trades needing to update and enhance their understanding of IEE Wiring Regulations. It is also suitable for anyone wishing to demonstrate
an understanding of the IEE 18th Edition Wiring Regulations (BS 7671)
It would be expected that candidates have a basic knowledge and understanding of electrical science and principles and experience of electrical installation work either within the electrical contracting industry or an allied trade.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
The IEE Wiring Regulations (BS 7671) are the definitive standards for the electrical industry in
respect of safe use and operation of electrical equipment and systems. They set requirements and
operating criteria for the UK and correspond to EC standards and are recognised by the British
Standards Institute as a British Standard (BS 7671). It is intended to ensure that individuals are conversant with the format, content and application of the Requirements for Electrical Installations BS 7671: 18th Edition
Successfully complete one online multiple choice test.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
It allows candidates to progress into employment or to the following City & Guilds qualifications:
• City & Guilds Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification (2392-
• City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Building Regulations for Electrical Installation Contractors
• In Dwellings (2393-10)
• City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations (2394-01)
• City & Guilds Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical
• Installations (2395-01)
• City & Guilds Level 4 Higher Professional Diploma in Building Services Engineering (4467-04)
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.