This course is aimed at providing you with the skills to enable you to build, repair and maintain the country’s housing stock.
You will need to have achieved 2 GCSEs at grades E-G or equivalent, and English and Maths grades 1-3 or prior achievement at entry level 3, or experience would be considered.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course will cover the following units:
• Safe working practices in construction
• Information, quantities and communicating with others
• Building methods and construction technology
• Carry out basic brick and block laying
• Carry out basic cavity wall construction
• Set out and build basic masonry structures up to damp course level
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skills in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or 4 or above. If you have achieved a grade C or 4 or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
You will be assessed through a combination of practical evidence, course work and online
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the Level 2 Diploma in Brickwork qualification
• Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry.
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/09/2021
End date: 23/06/2022
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35