City & Guilds is the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications, offering over 500 awards across a wide range of industries, and progressing from entry level to the highest levels of professional achievement.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• Ideally you will have 4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English at grade 4 or higher. Prior achievements and career history will be considered.
During this course you will study the following units:
• Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
• Promote additional products or services to clients
• Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work
• Improve and maintain facial skin condition
• Provide eyelash and eyebrow treatments
• Remove hair using waxing techniques
• Provide manicure treatment
• Provide pedicure treatment
• Provide make-up treatment
• Fulfil salon reception duties
• Apply self-tan
• Nail art techniques
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, written assignments and external written exams. Each unit is graded pass, merit, Distinction and an overall grade is awarded with all grades calculated together to gain a level mark pass, merit or distinction and awarded on completion.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the Level 3 Diploma in Beauty Therapy
• Pursue a career within the Beauty industry
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
You will need to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit for this course. You will be advised of these and their cost at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 12/09/2023
End date: 05/06/2024
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: Tu W
Number of Weeks: 33
Weekly hours: 8.00