City & Guilds is the UK’s leading provider of vocational qualifications, offering over 500 awards across a wide range of industries, and progressing from entry level to the highest levels of professional achievement.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
· 4 GCSEs at grade 3 or above including English at grade 4
· or prior achievement at level 1.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
This qualification is based on the national occupational standards for beauty therapy and includes all the required elements to work effectively as a beauty therapist.
You must achieve all mandatory units which include:
• Unit 201 Working in beauty related industries
• Unit 202 Follow health and safety in the salon
• Unit 203 Client care and communication in beauty related
• Unit 205 Promote products and service to clients in a salon
• Unit 216 Salon reception duties
Mandatory Technical Units (all must be completed)
• Unit 204 Provide facial skincare
• Unit 206 Remove hair using waxing techniques
• Unit 207 Provide manicure treatments
• Unit 208 Provide pedicure treatments
• Unit 210 Provide eyelash and brow treatments
Additional units to be covered
• Unit 209 Apply make-up
• Unit 215 Provide nail art
• Unit 224 Facial care for men
Lectures given by industry experts. Employers input is embedded into projects and exercises, contributing to assessments and examinations.
Alongside your main programme of study, you will also study either GCSE or Functional Skill in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade 4 or above. If you have achieved a grade 4 or above in GCSE English and Maths you will engage in extending these skills through a directed study programme.
All units contain internal and external assessment elements and include an externally set and externally marked theory exam and assignments, employer engagement activities and salon based summative client activity.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On completion of this diploma you will progress to extend your skills onto a level 3 in beauty therapy or out into the workplace.
Successful completion of the course can lead to a career within the beauty therapy industries.
A full, uniform and book need to be purchased for this course. You will be advised of these and their cost at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.