This qualification is for you if you, wish to work towards becoming an electrician in the building services industry. It has been designed to deliver a high level of occupational skills and provide a platform from which to progress through further learning or into employment. This vocational route at level 3 is a vital step towards becoming a competent electrician.
For this course you will need to have achieved the following:
• City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (equivalent qualifications or experience would be considered)
• GCSE in English and Maths 4 – 9 or Functional skills English and Maths Level 2
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
The qualification will help you gain an understanding of the skills required within the electrotechnical sector. You will cover compulsory aspects such as:
• working safely and effectively
• design, construct, test and commission electrical
• methods of supervision
• electrical science and principles
• regulations and law
• diagnose and repair electrical faults
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
• One externally set, externally moderated assignment
• One externally set, externally marked exams, sat under examination conditions
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply for an Apprenticeship
• Work as an electrical improver
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
You will be required to supply your own safety shoes and suitable work clothing.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.