This qualification is for you if you are a 16-19 year old learner, who wishes to work as an electrician in the building services industry. It has been designed to deliver a high level of occupational
skills and provide a platform from which to progress through further learning or into employment. This vocational route at level 3 is a vital step towards becoming a competent electrician.
For this course you will need to have achieved the following:
· City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installation (equivalent qualifications or experience would be considered)
· GCSE C or 5 and above in Maths and English
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
The qualification will help you gain an understanding of the skills required within the electrotechnical sector. You will cover compulsory aspects such as:
· Working safely and effectively
· Design, construct, test and commission electrical systems
· Methods of supervision
· Electrical science and principles
· Regulations and law
· Diagnose and repair electrical faults
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
To gain this qualification, candidates must successfully achieve the following assessments:
· One externally set, externally moderated assignment
· One externally set, externally marked exams, sat under examination conditions
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
· Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Electrical Installation
· Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry.
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/09/2021
End date: 24/06/2022
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 36