This course will allow you to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
· City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Bricklaying (equivalent qualifications or experience would be considered)
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
It allows candidates to learn, develop and practise the skills required for employment and/or career progression in Bricklaying.
It covers the following skills:
· Interpreting working drawings to set out masonry structures
· Producing thin joint masonry and masonry cladding
· Building solid walling, isolated and attached piers
· Construct cavity walling forming masonry structures
Alongside your main programme of study you will also study either GCSE in English and Maths if you have not achieved a GCSE grade C or above. If you have achieved a grade C or above in GCSE English and Maths, you will engage in extending these skills through a Directed Study Programme.
Assessment will be through a combination of practical evidence, course work and online
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
· Level 3 NVQ Diploma in Trowel Occupations
· Apply for an Apprenticeship in the construction industry
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 24/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 36