If you want to be an electrician then this is your next step to becoming a fully qualified electrician. During this course you will focus on meeting the standards of the latest IEE Wiring Regulations, including essential aspects of the safety, selection and erection of electrical equipment inspection and testing. Electro technical knowledge, electrical science and the practical application of theory in the workshop are also included in this course.
For this course you will need to have achieved a relevant Level 2 qualification such as C&G Level 2 Diploma in Electrical Installations.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will cover the following units:
• Electrical installations: fault diagnosis and rectification
• Electrical installations: inspection, testing and commissioning
• Electrical systems design
• Health and safety in building services engineering
• Career awareness in building services engineering
• Understand the fundamental principles and requirements of environmental technology systems
• Principles of electrical science
This course is continually assessed by a mix of practical assessments, written assignments and examinations.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply for an Apprenticeship in Electrical Installation
• Apply to study a HNC/D or a Foundation Degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
• Pursue a career in the electrical industry
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
To study on this course you will need:
• Paper and pens
• An A4 folder with dividers
• A scientific calculator with an engineering button (e.g. Casio fx83MS)
• Drawing instruments (pencils, ruler, set squares and compass)
• Protective footwear and uniform for workshop sessions (uniform to be obtained from the College)
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 26/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34