The Construction T Level is a 2 year qualification which combines academic study and industry placement.
This course is suitable for anyone wanting a career in construction, specifically in bricklaying, carpentry and joinery, plastering or painting and decorating.
In year one, you will study the core units including:
• Health and safety in construction
• Construction science and design
• Building technology and digital construction
• Construction commercial/ business principals
In year two of the course you will study one the occupational specialisms,
• carpentry and joinery
• painting and decorating
You will have the opportunity to plan, perform and evaluate your work whilst utilising a range of materials, methods and technique. You will further develop these skills in your industry placement.
For this course you will need to have achieved 5 GCSEs at grades 9-1 to include Maths, English and Science. Or a level 2 qualification in your chosen specialism with 3 GCES 9-1 to include Maths, English and Science
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
All students will develop a general understanding of construction, including:
• health and safety
• the science behind building design, surveying and planning
• making accurate and appropriate measurements
• construction methods
• building regulations and standards
• data management and information standards in construction
• relationship management and customer service
• how the Internet of Things (IoT) impacts construction
• digital engineering techniques
• mathematical techniques to solve construction problems
• construction design principles and processes
• the construction industry and its role in the economy
• sustainability and the environmental impact of construction
• business, commerce and corporate social responsibility
All assessment is externally assessed. The core units in year one will be assessed by an exam at the end of the first year and a ‘project’. The project will be a controlled assessment that is linked to work experience.
The occupational specialism in year two will be assessed through a synoptic assessment which includes observation of practical skills.
Skilled employment including:
• Advanced site carpentry and joinery;
• Construction assembly and installation operative;
• Painter and Decorator
• Higher level apprenticeship;
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 05/09/2022
End date: 23/06/2024
Time: 9:00am - 4:00pm
Days of week: TBA