An informal basic introduction to IT Software to help build confidence using a computer, and creating and saving documents. Participants can progress onto Essential Digital Skills.
In order to be able to apply for this course you must be aged 19 or over
Participants will have the opportunity to engage in the basic IT activities to build confidence in the following areas:
• Parts of a Computer e.g. mouse, USB port, earphone jack and camera
• Confidence in navigating around in PCs and mobile devices
• Opening and closing files and applications
• Basic internet browsing
• Basic email usage i.e. sign in, receiving and replying
• Creating, saving and printing documents and spreadsheets
• Learning to use Youtube
• Transacting safely online
• Using Apps on your mobile device
• Become smarter than your smart speaker!
Participants will discover how to create, edit and save the documents they produce and how to attach to emails. Participants will investigate how to save time by using the copy and paste function to transfer text between documents and how to use proofreading tools. They will also learn how to create basic calculations in spreadsheets. The skills learnt can be used to create CVs and carry out on-line job search.
Assessed through a variety of methods, including tutor classroom observation of skills practiced and documents produced.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 04/01/2023
End date: 15/02/2023
Time: 1:30pm - 3:30pm
Days of week: W
Number of Weeks: 7