Learners gaining this qualification will know the responsibilities of food safety in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handing of food, which are regarded by the Food Standards Agency as being important to maintaining good practice in the production of safe food.
There are no entry requirements however it advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and Maths or equivalent
Learners gaining this qualification will know that food safety is the responsibility of everyone involved in the storage, preparation, cooking service and handling of food.
Subjects covered include:
• Hazards and controls
• Food safety
• Management and temperature controls,
• Food poisoning control, personal hygiene
• Cleaning and disinfection
• Food pests
• The role of the food handler in keeping food safe
Assessed by a multiple-choice examination
On successful completion of this qualification, learners may wish to continue their development by undertaking one of the following qualifications:
• Level 3 Award in Food Safety for Catering
• Level 3 food and drink qualifications
• Hospitality competency-based qualifications
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.