The qualification covers knowledge such as the roles and responsibilities of the first aider and how to assess an incident. The qualification also covers first aid skills in CPR and use of an AED, providing first aid to a casualty who is choking and dealing with external bleeding and hypovolaemic shock.
19 years of age or above
It is advised that learners have a minimum of Level 1 in English and maths
You will also need to be able to undertake the practical assessments
• Introduction to the first-aider including What is first aid?, first aid in the workplace and the responsibilities of the first-aider
• Assessing an incident, scene survey, primary survey and casualty communication
• Principles of resuscitation, the respiratory system, CPR, adult basic life support, compression only CPR and AED
• Obstructed airway and choking
• The circulatory system, types of bleeding, wounds and embedded objects and hypovolaemic shock
• Minor injuries: cuts, grazes, contusions, minor burns and scalds, foreign objects and small splinters
Learners must undertake a practical assessment of their competence along with a short multiple choice knowledge assessment.
L3 Award in First Aid at Work
L3 Award in Paediatric First Aid
You need to be able to complete a practical assessment of your skills.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.