Are you looking to develop your digital skills and IT confidence?
Whether you want to get started using a computer, laptop or tablet or get some experience and a qualification in using Microsoft Office software, this 20 week course is designed to provide you with the IT skills which are needed both in everyday life and work.
This course is suitable for learners aged 19+. No previous formal qualifications are required for entry to these qualifications. No prior knowledge of using a computer is required for this course. There will be an initial assessment to determine your level of enrolment.
• Turning on a device (including entering and updating any account information safely, such as a password)
• Using the available controls on a device (such as a mouse and keyboard for a computer, or touchscreen on a smartphone or tablet)
• use of accessibility tools (including assistive technology) to make devices easier to use (such as changing display settings to make content easier to read)
• Interacting with the home screen on a device
• Connecting to the internet (including Wi-Fi) safely and securely, and opening a browser
• Opening and accessing an application on a device
• Using devices and handling information
• Creating and editing
• Being safe and responsible online
Online externally set assessment
Successful completion of this course may allow you to apply for courses at the next level.
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.