The purpose of this qualification is to increase the learner’s knowledge and awareness of the Prevent Duty and safeguarding, including online safety.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of safeguarding in an environment where they have a duty of care.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification.
• look at the Prevent Duty, understanding why it exists and what their roles and responsibilities are in relation to it.
• understand the term ‘safeguarding’, identify national policies and local systems that relate to safeguarding, know how to recognise signs of abuse or potential harm and know how to respond if abuse or harm is disclosed, suspected or alleged.
• understand the potential consequences of inappropriate or illegal online activity, how to reduce the risks posed online, and how to spot signs and behavioural changes that could cause concern.
This qualification contains 3 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understanding the Prevent Duty
• Unit 02 Understanding Safeguarding
• Unit 03 Understanding Online Safety
All units are internally assessed online from written responses.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
NCFE CACHE Level 3 qualifications in Supporting Teaching and Learning
• Level 3 qualifications in Working with Children and Young People
• Level 3 Certificate in Working with Vulnerable Young People
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2019
End date: 31/07/2020
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Timings: Group A