This course will develop your skills and knowledge required for Electrical Installation.
It covers many areas such as principles of electrical science, electrical installations technology and health and safety within Building Services Engineering. Candidates will be assessed by on-demand multiple choice tests.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• A minimum of 4 GCSE’s Grade D or above
• A relevant Level 1 qualification
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will cover the following units:
• Health and safety in building services engineering
• Principles of electrical science
• Electrical installations technology
• Installation of wiring systems & enclosures
• Understand how to communicate with others within building services
Assessment will be through a combination of practical evidence, course work and online
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study the C&G Level 3 Diploma in Electrical Installation (Buildings and Structures), C&G Level 3 Diploma in Electrotechnology, C&G Level 3 Award in the Initial Verification and Certification of Electrical Installations, C&G Level 3 Award in the Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
• Apply for an Apprenticeship
• Pursue employment in the industry
Additional help and support is available should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 14/09/2021
End date: 24/06/2022
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: Tu W
Number of Weeks: 36