The course is ideal for people with existing awareness and involvement in gym instruction who would like to develop their skills and knowledge to pursue a career in personal training. The Active IQ Certificate in Personal Training is at level 3 on the Regulated Qualifications Framework. It also provides access onto The Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
Students required to have passed Level 2 qualification in Fitness Instructing and have an interest & passion for fitness. Confident with written work/calculations in order to complete work portfolio.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
This qualification aims to provide learners with the knowledge and skills to be able to plan, deliver and supervise safe and effective exercise programmes within a gym or health club environment.
The course is broken up into 7 units (36 credits):
• Supporting clients who take part in exercise and physical activity
• Health, safety, and welfare in a fitness environment
• Principles of exercise, fitness, and health
• Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health
• Programming personal training with clients
• Delivering personal training sessions
• Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity programme.
Programming personal training with clients You must meet all the assessment requirements and successfully pass each unit in order to achieve the full qualification.
• Multiple Choice Examination.
• Portfolio of Evidence.
• Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
This qualification enables progression into the fitness industry as a Personal Trainer or Gym Instructor.
Additional help and support are available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 11/01/2023
End date: 07/06/2023
Time: 6:00pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: W
Number of Weeks: 25
Weekly hours: 3.00