This qualification will enable the learner to develop the knowledge, skills and understanding needed when supporting teaching and learning in a school environment. If you are wanting to gain an in-depth understanding of the knowledge and skills needed when working directly with children and young people in school and college environments, then this course is for you.
This course has combined delivery using both teaching and workplace assessments. Learners complete units about children and education from five years of age.
There are no formal entry requirements, however, an ability to work at level 2 is advantageous.
This qualification covers the following units:-
• Schools and colleges as organisations
• Support health and safety in a learning environment Understand how to safeguard children and young people
• Develop professional relationships with children, young people and adults Understand how children and young people develop
• Support positive behaviour in children and young people Support children and young people during learning activities Support English and maths skills
• Support the use of ICT in the learning environment Support assessment for learning
• Engage in personal and professional development
• Support children and young people’s speech, language and communication Understand how to support bilingual learners
• Understand how to support learning of children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities
• Support children and young people during transitions
• Support the role of play, leisure and extra-curricular activities for children and young people
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: 2225.00
The learner will be qualified at level 3 and this may lead to employment in Primary, Secondary and Specialist areas in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
Progression onto the Level 4 Certificate for the Advanced Practitioner in Schools and colleges, a foundation degree or specialist roles.
This is a blended learning course combining delivery both online and in workshop sessions.
Learners need to find their own voluntary or paid placement in an educational setting for a minimum of 6 hours each week or a total of 100 hours. This can be a Primary school; a secondary school; an academy; a special school or a college in Year One or above. Learners will need to arrange a DBS with the placement provider.
Prior to starting the course, the learner needs to have successful completion of (BKSB) Maths and English initial assessments (above Entry 3).
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 12/09/2023
End date: 04/06/2024
Time: 5:30pm - 9:00pm
Days of week: Tu
Number of Weeks: 33
Weekly hours: 3.50