This is a fantastic practical work-related course where you will learn by completing projects, practical-based activities and assignments that are based on realistic workplace situations and activities, including coaching a range of different community groups. The course will introduce you to your chosen career and provide a good basis to progress onto a more advanced qualification
Football participation will include both football sessions and physical gym training, taking place throughout the duration of the course. There will be daily football training by MTFC coaches and competitive matches will typically take place in:
EFL – CEFA League, FA Youth Cup, British Colleges League, Cheshire Senior Cup (senior), Central Reserve League (senior).
It’s the goal of the football academy staff to provide opportunities for elite players to participate in training with the MTFC senior squad on a regular basis.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• A minimum of 4 GCSE’s Grade 5 or above, ideally to include English Language
• A Level 1 qualification (e.g. BTEC Level 1 Diploma in Sport and Active Leisure)
A GCSE PE/Sports Studies qualification would also be advantageous and you will need to be able to demonstrate a reasonable degree of fitness.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview and football assessment to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study twelve units in total. Three mandatory core units will provide a general foundation and nine specialist units will introduce you to particular topics in more depth.
• Fitness for sport and exercise
• Practical sports performance
• Anatomy and physiology for sports performance
Specialist units will include:
• The mind and sports performance
• The sports performer in action
• Training for personal fitness
• Leading sports activities
• Lifestyle and well-being
• Injury and the sports performer
• Running a sports event
All BTEC Level 2 Extended Certificate in Sport units are assessed through internal project and assignment work and external assessments. Each unit is graded Pass, Merit or Distinction and then an overall grade of Pass, Merit, Distinction or Distinction* is awarded on completion of the course.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to;
• Apply to study the BTEC Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport, ideally you will need to have achieved a Pass or above
• Pursue a Sport related subject such as Gym Instruction, Leisure Management, Sports Coaching and Development or Teacher Training.
• University Courses (i.e. Sports Business/Coaching/Media).
• Pursue career opportunities within Sport &Leisure/Football Coaching & Fitness/ Private Gyms/Sports Business etc.
• Opportunities abroad. USA/Australia: Coaching/Playing/Studying.
• Football Apprenticeship Programme (More info TBC)
Football participation will be varied with both football and physical gym training taking place throughout the duration of the course.
Matches will typically take place in the:
EFL – CEFA League, FA Youth Cup, British Colleges League, Cheshire Senior Cup (senior), Central Reserve League (senior), and potentially EFL League Two (senior).
It’s the goal of the football academy staff to provide opportunities for elite players to participate in training with the MTFC
senior team squad and be back to college in time for education classes.
For Further infotmation please contact Paul McGuire at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Days of week: M Tu W Th F
Number of Weeks: 36
Weekly hours: 11.00