The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if you’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
This qualification aims to develop learners’ understanding of autism and the principles of supporting individuals with autism – covering the person-centred approach and influence of positive communication methods, how to support positive behaviour, and how individuals with autism can be supported to live healthy and fulfilled lives
To be awarded the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, you are required to successfully complete 6 mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Introduction to autism
• Unit 02 Using a person-centred approach to support individuals with autism
• Unit 03 Communication and social interaction in individuals with autism
• Unit 04 Sensory processing, perception and cognition in individuals with autism
• Unit 05 Supporting positive behaviour in individuals with autism
• Unit 06 Supporting individuals with autism to live healthy and fulfilled lives
To achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in the qualification specification. Grades are not awarded.
The Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism is internally assessed.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children’s Workforce (Early Years Educator)
• Level 3 Certificate in Preparing to Work in Adult Social Care
• Level 3 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare (England)
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Autism
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2019
End date: 31/07/2020
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Timings: Group A