These qualifications are to help learners to raise their awareness of the issues surrounding equality and diversity and apply this awareness through their actions in society, community and the workplace.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for these qualifications. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification
This qualifications aim to:
• introduce the concepts of equality and diversity in a variety of environments including society, the community and the workplace
• highlight how stereotyping and labelling affect individuals
• outline the effects of prejudice and discrimination
• allow the learner to examine rights and responsibilities
• stress the importance of taking individual responsibility and action to help and support others
These qualifications consist of the following units:
• Unit 01 Equality and diversity in society
• Unit 02 Equality and diversity in the community
• Unit 03 Equality and diversity in the workplace
To achieve the Level 2 Award and Certificate in Equality and Diversity, learners must successfully demonstrate their achievement of all learning outcomes and assessment criteria of the units as detailed in this qualification specification. Grades are not awarded
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
Learners who achieve these qualifications could progress to:
• qualifications in Principles of Equality and Diversity at Level 3 or above
• qualifications in Managing Equality and Diversity in Organisations at Level 3 or above.
This is an online course only.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2020
End date: 31/07/2021
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 14