The purpose of this qualification is to increase learner’s knowledge and awareness of children and young people’s mental health.
This qualification is suitable for anyone looking to increase their knowledge of children and young people’s mental health.
This is a knowledge-only qualification; therefore, work experience is not mandatory.
There are no specific recommended prior learning requirements for this qualification. However, learners may find it helpful if they’ve already achieved a Level 1 qualification.
By completing the qualification, learners will develop knowledge of:
• children and young people’s mental health in context
• mental health problems commonly associated with children and young people
• the impact of mental ill-health on children and young people
• support available to maintain mental wellbeing in children and young people.
Learners must achieve all of the mandatory units:
• Unit 01 Understand children and young people’s mental health in context
• Unit 02 Understand factors which may affect children and young people’s mental health
• Unit 03 Understand children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 04 Understand the impact of children and young people’s mental health concerns
• Unit 05 Understand how to support children and young people with mental health concerns
All units will be individually internally assessed.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 3 Certificate in Understanding Mental Health
• Level 3 Award in the Awareness of the Mental Capacity Act 2005
• Level 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce (England)
• Level 3 Award/Certificate/Diploma in Supporting Teaching and Learning.
This is an online course only.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2020
End date: 31/07/2021
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Timings: Group A