Do you work in a role that requires you to demonstrate an understanding of data protection and data security?
This qualification will help you to understand topics with include current data legislation, the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), key principles of the general data protection regime and lawful basis for processing personal data.
You will also develop an understanding of organisational procedures concerning data, including steps organisations might take to protect the data they holding and the consequences of not protecting data.
Learners should be aged 19 or above to undertake this qualification.
The purpose of this qualification is to allow learners to demonstrate understanding of data protection and data security.
It will help learners progress to a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required.
The objectives of this qualification are to enable learners to:
– understand current data legislation
– understand steps organisations might take to help protect data
– understand how to protect their own data
– understand how to protect ICT systems from common threats
– understand the consequences of not protecting data and systems.
Assessment is the process of measuring a learner’s skill, knowledge and understanding against the standards set in a qualification. This qualification is internally assessed and externally quality assured.
Work is submitted and marked online.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
This qualification can enable progression in a work role where data protection and data security knowledge is required within sectors such as Business, Administration and Law, Customer Service or Information and Communication Technology.
It can also offer progression to further qualifications such as
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Business Admin
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Team Leading
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Customer Service
• Level 2 Certificate in ICT Systems and Principles
This is an online course only.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2020
End date: 31/07/2021
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Timings: Group A