This qualification aims to give learners knowledge of different Specific Learning Difficulties, how they are diagnosed and how individuals can be supported. The qualification can be used by a wide range of learners looking to improve their knowledge and awareness in this subject area.
Learners should be aged 16 and above. There are no pre-requisites for this qualification; entry is at the discretion of the Centre.
This is a knowledge-only qualification
Understanding Specific Learning Difficulties
Understanding the effects of Specific Learning Difficulties
Understand the diagnosis of Specific Learning Difficulties
Understanding supporting individuals with Specific Learning Difficulties
It will be assessed by your Tutor or Assessor by submission of written responses
Fees Advanced Learning Loan:
Learners who achieve this qualification could progress to:
• Level 2 Certificate in Principles of Working with Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 Diploma in Health and Social Care (Adults) for England
• Level 2 Certificate in Understanding Autism
• Level 2 and 3 qualifications in Supporting Individuals with Learning Disabilities
• Level 2 and 3 Certificates in Supporting Teaching and Learning in Schools
• Level 2 and 3 Diploma for the Children and Young People’s Workforce
• Level 3 Award in Supporting Children and Young People’s Speech, Language and Communication
This is an online course only.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/08/2020
End date: 31/07/2021
Time: 12:00am - 12:00am
Timings: Group A