Macclesfield College Pre-Apprentice Programme is designed to prepare students for a Level 3 Apprenticeship. It is primarily a practical based programme to complement students existing GCSE’s to give students the practical skills that will make the student more employable as an apprentice.
It is envisaged that students who successfully pass this course will progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship through Maxim Business Training, the apprentice training division of Macclesfield College.
For this course you will need to have achieved one of the following:
• Grade 5 or above in Maths and a minimum of 3 GCSEs at grades 4 or above.
• Level 2 qualification in an Engineering related subject and GCSE Maths grade 5 or above.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During this course you will study a variety of Engineering topics.
Mandatory Units are:
• Working Safely in an Engineering Environment
• Carrying out Engineering Activities Efficiently and Effectively
• Using and Communicating Technical Information
Optional Units could include:
• Producing Mechanical Engineering Drawings using a CAD System
• Producing Components using Hand Fitting Techniques
• Preparing and Using Lathes for Turning Operations
• Preparing and Using Milling Machines
• Preparing and Proving CNC Machine Tool Programs
• Assembling and Testing Electronic Circuits
• Producing CAD Models (Drawings) using a CAD System
Alongside your main programme of study, you will also study for a GCSE in English if you have not achieved a grade 4 or above.
Assessment is by a portfolio of evident generated over the length of the course.
This evidence is internally assessed and externally moderated.
On successful achievement of this course it is envisage that you will progress to a Level 3 apprenticeship through Maxim Business Training.
Alternatively, learners can seek Engineering apprentice opportunities in any Engineering sector.
Successful completion of the course would also allow internal progression onto the Level 3 BTEC Engineering programme.
Additional help and support is available should you require this and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 01/09/2021
End date: 11/03/2022
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 35
Weekly hours: 15.40