The Level 2 Diploma in Art and Design will provide young people with an introduction to art and design, enabling the learner to both re-engage with education and acquire the requisite knowledge, skills and understanding to progress to further education or employment within the creative industries.
For this course you will need to have achieved 4 GCSEs at Grade D or 3 or above.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further. You will be required to present a portfolio of your work at this interview.
The qualifications will provide learners with:
1. An introductory experience to some of the materials, methods, processes and technical skills that support art and design activity.
2. An introductory understanding of the context in which art and design activity is located.
3. An opportunity to test their interest in art and design activity.
4. Development of an awareness of the value of research to support art and design activity.
5. An introduction to drawing skills necessary to support creative activity in art and design.
6. An understanding of the role of communication skills in the development of ideas.
7. An opportunity to use the knowledge, understanding and skills developed in previous units to identify, research and produce a personal art and design project.
The UAL Level 2 Diploma units are assessed through a portfolio of evidence, practical demonstration and assignment work. There are no external examinations. An overall grade of Pass, Merit or Distinction is awarded on completion.
GCSE and Functional Skills qualifications are assessed through external examination and portfolio work.
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
• Apply to study a UAL Level 3 Extended Diploma in Art & Design if you have achieved a Merit or above
• Apply for employment within the creative industries
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2019
End date: 26/06/2020
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34