The course meets the needs of candidates who want to work in the hair and beauty sector it allows them to learn, develop and practice the skills required for employment and/or career progression in the hair and beauty sector.
Candidates will need to have at least 3 GCSE’s at Grade D / 4 – 9.
You will be required to purchase a uniform and a hairdressing kit, cost will be advised at interview.
During the course, you will study the following units to add up to 38 credits
– Introduction to the Hair and Beauty sector – 3 Units
– Presenting a professional image – 3 Units
– Follow health and safety in the salon – 3 Units
– Shampoo and condition the hair – 3 Units
– Provide basic manicure – 3 Units
– Styling women’s hair – 3 Units
– Basic Make-up application – 3 Units
– Themed face painting – 3 Units
– Plaiting and twisting – 3 Units
– Nail art application – 3 Units
– Create a hair and beauty image – 3 Units
– The art of dressing hair – 3 Units
You will also work to improve your current level of English and Maths within your sessions
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments, essential knowledge questions and external written exams.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 25/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34