The course combines practical work with the related theory in hairdressing. The majority of your learning will take place in the college hairdressing salons in a real working environment.
This course will also develop your communication and personal skills, which are essential in this type of work. It is expected that you will work on course work at home to complete assignments, knowledge questions and exam revision.
Candidates will need to have 4 GCSEs Grade C or above /4 – 9 ideally to include Maths and English. Life experiences will alternatively be taken into account.
You will be required to purchase a uniform and a hairdressing kit, cost will be
During the course, you will study the following units to add up to 52 credits
* Follow Health and Safety – 3 credits
* Promote products and services to clients in a salon – 3 credits
* Working in the hair industry – 4 credits
* Client consultation for hair services – 3 credits
* Shampoo and condition the hair and scalp – 3 credits
* Colour and lighten hair – 10 credits
* Cut women’s hair – 8 credits
* The art of dressing hair – 5 credits
* Display stock to promote sales in the a salon – 3 credits
* Plaiting and twisting – 3 credits
* Create an image based on a theme within the hair and beauty sector – 7 credits
You will also work to improve your current level of English and Maths within your sessions
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments, essential knowledge questions and external written exams.
Successful candidates can progress to study Level 3 Advanced Technical Diploma in Hairdressing
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 09/09/2020
End date: 22/05/2021
Time: 9:30am - 2:30pm
Days of week: Th F
Weekly hours: 8.00