This course combines practical work with the related theory that underlies Beauty Therapy. The majority of your learning will take place in the College’s own well-equipped salon which is a real working environment. This course will also develop your communication and wider personal skills which are essential in this type of work.
This qualification focuses on a range of skills needed within the beauty industry and is the minimum qualification for anyone who would like to work as a Beauty Therapist.
For this course you will need to have achieved a Level 2 qualification in Beauty Therapy.
On receipt of your application to study this course you will be invited to attend an admissions interview with a member of the teaching team to discuss the course and its requirements further.
During the course you will study the following units:
· Monitor procedures to safely control work operations
· Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities
· Provide body electrical treatments
· Provide facial electrical treatments
· Provide body massage treatments
· Provide electrical epilation treatments
· Provide Hot and Cold Stone Therapy
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, written assignments and external written exams.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: 3345.00
On successful achievement of this course you may wish to:
· Apply to study further courses specifically related to Beauty Therapy
· Pursue a career within the Beauty industry such as working in a spa or hotel
Additional help and support is available to you should you require it and you can discuss this further at your admissions interview.
You will need to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit for this course. You will be advised of these and their cost at your admissions interview.
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410062.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 26/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: M Tu W
Number of Weeks: 33
Weekly hours: 8.00