The Beauty Therapy Level 3 course combines practical skills and related theory to an advanced level. The majority of your learning will take place in the college beauty salons in a real working environment. The course will also develop communication and personal skills, which are essential at this level, as well as the ability to promote services in a salon environment.
Candidates need to be 19 years and over
Candidates will need to have successfully completed a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification. You will be required to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit – cost will be advised at interview.
During the course you will study the following-
* Promote and sell products and services to clients
* Anatomy and physiology
* Provide Body Massage
* Provide Facial Electrical Treatments
* Provide Body Electrical Treatments
* Provide Electrical Epilation Treatments
You will also work to improve your current levels of English and Mat
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments and external written exams.
Fees Advanced Learning Loan: 3345.00
Successful completion of the course can lead to a career within the Beauty industry. Successful candidates can progress into industry or take further beauty/complementary therapy courses.
LEVEL 3 – To start this course you will need to be able to:
• Read lengthy texts in a wide range of formats e.g. textbooks, reports, brochures
• Summarise the content of several pages of writing
• Follow lengthy, complicated written instructions by yourself
• Write in a wide range of formats such as letters, essays, reports
• Write documents in accurate English
• Work with others to produce joint work
• Give a researched talk
• Convert between measurement systems
• Use a calculator for complex calculations
• Construct and use charts and conversion/line graphs representing discrete & continuous data
• In given formulae, evaluate expressions & make substitutions
• Keep your work organised and indexed in a file
• Develop systems for organising you work efficiently
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 26/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: M Tu W
Number of Weeks: 33
Weekly hours: 8.00