The Beauty Therapy Level 3 course combines practical skills and related theory to an advanced level. The majority of your learning will take place in the college beauty salons in a real working environment. Additionally, you will undertake 30 hours work experience in an external beauty salon. The course will also develop communication and personal skills, which are essential at this level, as well as the ability to promote services in a salon environment.
Candidates will need to have successfully completed a Level 2 Beauty Therapy qualification. You will be required to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit – cost will be advised at interview.
During the course you will study the following units to add up to a total of 65 credits:
• Monitor procedures to safely control work operations – 4 credits
• Contribute to the planning and implementation of promotional activities – 5 credits
• Provide Body Electrical Treatments – 12 credits
• Provide Facial Electrical Treatments – 12 credits
• Provide Body Massage Treatments – 10 credits
• Provide Electrical Epilation Treatments – 12 credits
• Provide Hot and Cold Stone Therapy– 10 credits
You will also work to improve your current levels of English and Maths
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments and external written exams.
Successful completion of the course can lead to a career within the Beauty industry. Successful candidates can progress into industry or take further beauty/complementary therapy courses
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 26/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34