The course combines practical work with the related theory in Beauty Therapy. The majority of your learning will take place in the college Beauty salons in a real working environment. Additionally, you will undertake 30 hours work experience in an external beauty salon.
This course will also develop your communication and personal skills, which are essential in this type of work.
Candidates will need to have 4 GCSEs Grade C or above / 4 – 9 ideally to include Maths and English.
You will be required to purchase a uniform and a beauty kit, cost will be advised at interview.
During the course you will study the following units to add up to a total of 54 credits
· Ensure your own actions reduce risks to Health and Safety – 4 credits
· Promote additional products or services to clients – 6 credits
· Develop and maintain your effectiveness at work – 3 credits
· Improve and maintain Facial skin condition – 8 credits
· Provide Eyelash and Eyebrow treatments – 5 credits
· Remove hair using Waxing Techniques – 7 credits
· Provide Manicure Treatment – 6 credits
· Provide Pedicure Treatment – 6 credits
· Provide Make-up Treatment – 6 credits
· Fulfil salon Reception Duties – 3 credits
You will also work to improve your current level of English and Maths
You will be assessed by a range of methods including practical observation, assignments and external written exams.
Successful candidates can progress to study Beauty Therapy NVQ Level 3
For further information, advice and guidance call The Learner Experience Team on 01625 410002.
Duration and Times
Start date: 02/09/2020
End date: 26/06/2021
Time: 9:00am - 4:30pm
Days of week: TBA
Number of Weeks: 34