Hours: Full time - 37 hours per week
Salary: £23,390 per annum
Closing date: 14/07/2020
Macclesfield College is a leading provider of Further Education and Higher Education in the North West of England. Macclesfield College is part of a modern, inspiring campus providing education to learners of all ages and abilities. Based in East Cheshire, the College offers free secure campus parking and excellent transport links.
Recognised as a ‘Good’ College at its November 2017 Ofsted inspection. Our mission is simple- “Empowerment through learning”.
Macclesfield College has just been confirmed as the overall best- performing FE institution within the key Cheshire and Warrington sub-region, according to the latest statistics published in the National Achievement Rate Tables.
Furthermore on 5th April 2019, Macclesfield College was proud to be awarded winners of the ‘Business and Education’ category of the East Cheshire Chamber of Commerce Awards.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Erichment Lead to provide oversight and co-ordination of the College’s Tutorial Programme, to ensure that all students benefit from high quality tutorial provision. To promote the highest standards of support for all students at Macclesfield College, and to ensure that the College provides an outstanding climate for learning which is both supportive and reflective of our values. Maintaining high expectations and high standards and discipline in line with college systems, and to act as a member of the Colleges’ wider safeguarding team.
1. Lead on the development, resourcing and delivery of the College’s Tutorial Programmes to ensure that students benefit from an outstanding tutorial provision.
2. To act as a first line manager for allocated staff ensuring that staff are effectively managed, deployed and developed and that the College’s operational targets are achieved
3. Assist Curriculum Business Leads and Curriculum staff by providing tutorial, pastoral and behavioral support for students within a tutorial group.
4. To oversee the administration of the UCAS application process.
5. To undertake financial assessments of applications to Bursary/ Support Fund and other schemes.
6. To produce high quality resources and deliver an outstanding Tutorial Programme across the College to a specified caseload of students.
7. Provision of 1-2-1 tutorial support to a specified caseload of students and making referrals to additional support where necessary.
8. Provision of additional individual pastoral support on a needs-related basis.
9. Assisting Curriculum Business Leaders and curriculum staff with implementing strategies to improve retention and achievement
10. Attendance at multi-agency meetings for students where necessary.
To view the full duties for this role please see the attchaed job description.
The College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All appointments will be subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check and receipt of satisfactory references.
The College is committed to equality of opportunity. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community, particularly from members of ethnic minority groups.
To apply please complete and return the application form below.
The post will close at 9am on 14th July 2020
Contact Details: For any further details contact Human Resources – Macclesfield College on: Email: email@example.com